Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My study is the heart of the people

119. I went to the Build-a-Bear Workshop.

It's always been one of those things where I kind of want to go there, but seriously don't, and I'd always just kind of left it at that. But then when Lizzie asked for a Build-a-Bear gift card for her birthday, I decided I'd forgo the gift card and go with her. I might as well get a new thing and a cute bear out it, right? I always thought that it was much more "build a bear" as, I'm sure most of you can gather, is implied with it's name. But you basically pick out your bear "shell" or "skin" (they don't actually call them that) and then you wait in line behind the birthday party full of children that will enevitably be there ahead of you, and then some guy stuffs your bear with fluff. It is interactive, you get to step on the peddle that makes the machine go for the fluffing. And even though we were teenage girls, he still had us take the little stuffed hearts, rub them in our hands, press them to our hearts, make a wish, kiss them, and stuff them into our bears. I, as I'm sure many others would, kind of made a joke out of it, but I'm pretty sure it's not sacred or anything, so I'm good. Then Lizzie picked out a bathrobe for her bear, and we checked out after making our birth certificates. Lizzie, after much consideration, named her bear Fred. I came with a name picked out, Liam. So, Liam the bear, and Fred the slightly scruffier bear. Honestly, it was fun, I'd do it again. Well, I wouldn't say fun, but I've been into inanimate objects lately. (Lewis, and Elma?) What does that say about me? That's not some cryptic way of saying I'm lonely for companionship.



Top: Lizzie and I after building our bears.
Bottom: Liam in all his glory.

Afterwards we went to Coraline in 3D. It was good, if not a little long. I seem to remember the book not being so long, but nothing seemed unfamiliar. It seems to be growing on me. Which often happens with animated movies, I'm not sure why. Then we went to Brueggers. Yumm..


Speaking of food, the editorial staff brought in a bunch of food and desserts to sixth hour today, to thank our writers for last issue, and to prove, once again, that we are the coolest editors ever. Holler.

No comments: