Monday, January 19, 2009

The Captives

I'm stealing this from Caroline's livejournal. Feel free to guess if you want. This is not my new thing, I'm simply bored and want to blog.

1. Pick 20 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote dialogue from each movie.
3. Post them in your own blog for everyone to guess, but not before you take a crack at these!
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling/using IMDb search functions.
6. As always, winner gets cookies!

1. Wow. This place is great. When can we move in? You gotta try this pole. I'm gonna get my stuff. Hey. We should stay here. Tonight. Sleep here. You know, to try it out. Rachel- Ghostbusters

2. I love that word "relationship." Covers all manner of sins, doesn't it? I fear that this has become a bad relationship; a relationship based on the President taking exactly what he wants and casually ignoring all those things that really matter to, erm... Britain. We may be a small country, but we're a great one, too. The country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter. David Beckham's right foot. David Beckham's left foot, come to that. And a friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now onward I will be prepared to be much stronger. And the President should be prepared for that.
Caroline- Love Actually

3. I'm not entirely sure that I've had enough rum to allow that kind of talk. Caroline- POTC

4. Now, I wouldn't have a second's hesitation of blowing your head off right here and right now in front of 'em. Now, that's power you can't buy! That's the power of fear. Caroline- Batman Begins

5. Who has a safety deposit box full of... money and six passports and a gun? Who has a bank account number in their hip? I come in here, and the first thing I'm doing is I'm catching the sightlines and looking for an exit. Caroline- The Bourne Identity

6. We met at Starbucks. Not at the same Starbucks but we saw each other at different Starbucks across the street from each other.

7. There's not many people that'll understand what you're going through. But I think this guy, Xavier, is one of them. He seems to genuinely want to help you. And that's a rare thing, for people like us. Rachel- X-Men

8. Because "accident" implies there's nobody to blame. Caroline- Hot Fuzz

9. 2:46, get a watch that works. Caroline (I guess)- Ocean's 11

10. Took you long enough to get here. Took you ten years to get to my house. Huh, what's the matter? You don't like my house? Does my house stink? That's right-it stinks! I didn't have no favors from you! Don't slum around me. Talkin' about your prime. What about my prime, Mick? At least you had a prime! I didn't have no prime. I didn't have nothin'! Leg's are goin', everything is goin'. Nobody's getting' no nothin'. Guy comes up, offers me a fight. Big deal. Wanna fight the fight? Yeah, I'll fight the big fight. I wouldn't wanna fight. Know what's gonna happen to me? I'm gonna get that! I'm gonna get that! And you wanna be ringside to see it? Do ya? You wanna help me out? Huh? Do you wana see me get my face kicked in? Leg's ain't workin', nothing's workin', but they go, "Go on, fight the champ." Yeah, I'll fight him. Get my face kicked in. And you come around here. You wanna move in here with me? Come on in! It's a nice house! Real nice. Come on in and move. It stinks! This whole place stinks. You wanna help me out? Well, help me out! Come on, help me out. I'm standin' here! Caroline- Rocky

11. Unless the enemy has studied his Agrippa... which I have. Emily- The Princess Bride

12. If nobody has any objections, I believe I might be of service. Tianna- Zoolander

13. My $2000 ceramic Vektor my mother got me as a special gift. You threw in the lake next to the car. What happens when they drag the lake? You think they'll find my pistol. Jesus. Look up "idiot" in the dictionary. You know what you'll find? Caroline- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

14. Please don't follow me around with it either because I feel like I'm going to catch on fire spontaneously. Just stand down. If something happens, then come in. Caroline- Iron Man

15. Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks. Caroline- Rushmore

16. My insurance? It's your car. Your insurance should pay for it. I wanna know who's gonna pay for this. I spilled beer all over when that car smashed into me. Who's gonna pay my cleaning bill? Rachel- Back to the Future

17. I... I'm here on a spontaneous holiday. Caroline- Mamma Mia

18. Listen. Since I've met you I've nearly been incinerated, drowned, shot at, and chopped into fish bait. We're caught in the middle of something sinister here, my guess is dad found out more than he was looking for and until I'm sure, I'm going to continue to do things the way I think they should be done. Emily- Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

19. Maybe not, but it's the only thing I know how to do and I gotta do something. PARIS!- Speed Racer!

20. Now, you listen to me! I don't want any plastics, and I don't want any ground floors, and I don't want to get married - ever - to anyone! You understand that? I want to do what I want to do. And you're... and you're... Mother- It's a Wonderful Life


10 comments:

Caroline Royce said...

2. love actually
3. potc
4. batman begins
5. bourne identity
8. hot fuzz
9. ocean's 13
10. rocky?
13. kiss kiss bang bang
14. iron man
15. rushmore
17. mamma mia

I might've gotten 19, but I looked it up because it was driving me crazy. So, I fail at that. I didn't realize you had so many of these movies

Rachel said...

i could only get 5.

1. ghostbusters 1
3. pirates
5. bourne identity
7. xmen
16. back to the future 1

Addie said...

Those are all right, unless by 13, Caroline you mean, 11. Psh.

Caroline Royce said...

no way! I totally wrote ocean's 11 at first, but then was like "no... I think it's actually 13". I felt like it was either one or the other.

emily said...

gosh, if only i would have gotten right on this one -- caroline and rachel really rocked it on this. is number 11 princess bride?

CYNTHIA said...

No. 20: It's a Wonderful Life!

emily said...

is no. 18 national treasure? it's a far off guess...

Addie said...

Emily, you're on the right track with National Treasure. Think of a way more legit version of National Treasure.

emily said...

ok -- might 18 be indiana jones and the last crusade?

ParisAlexanderrr said...

19: SPEED RACER!