Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sunglasses are a reasonable alternative to blindness

It seems I haven't updated my blog since Blogger has changed it's layout. Which is fine with me, but I'm a curmudgeon when it comes to change that I don't approve of. But isn't everyone? I suppose so.

Speaking of change, there will be a very big change occurring in my life. I will write in more detail about this soon. It's hard to say whether I'm more excited or nervous at this point. Certainly relieved. Again, more on this later. I'll save you all the time and effort and make a joke about this now "Later, like next April?" re: How often I [don't] update my blog.

I've been feeling very very down lately, but I've been chronicling it more in my private friends only journal. There's certain things I don't feel the need to address to the public, but it is therapeutic to write in some sort of forum, albeit very small and private. This has in part to do with how ill I've been feeling lately, but a lot of other things as well.

Goals for the summer

-Join a gym. I don't need a scale to tell me I've gained a little weight. Although the scale will, in fact, tell me that.
-Train for a 5k. Which I will hopefully eventually end up running.
-Work a lot. (This is really not so much a goal as it is my money making plan, but it somehow seems productive to include it on this list.)
-Read more. Though this plan includes reading The Hunger Games, I hope that it will extend beyond that.
-Eat better food/eat less food. Ever since working in a restaurant/dating a chef, I've been all too careless about what I've been eating (see: Join gym). Although I've started cooking for myself a lot more, and I only ever cook healthy foods for myself, I've stopped doing this so much in the past month or two, because the kitchen in my apartment is both small, and in a constant state of messiness that I'm only responsible for 25% of the time.
-Shower every single day. I wouldn't really like to go into detail as to why this is listed as a 'goal' as opposed to sheer human nature to shower everyday.
-Take better care of myself. Of course this is sort of a catch-all bullet point on a list of otherwise specific goals, but it should be included nonetheless. Eating better, exercising, taking better care of my hygiene (how embarrassing for me..), putting more effort into my relationships, are all things that I need to address.
-Wear a different pair of shoes every day. I have tons of pairs of shoes, but I only really wear 2 or possibly 3 ever, and mostly for month-long periods. Usually to be accompanied by the same pair of jeans, and my black hoody. I believe this is what they call 'a rut'.


I'm sure I could think of more, and if I do, I'll post them, if only to keep myself accountable.

No comments: